swarm-support

Re: Swarm 2.0 Available

From: DARREN MATTHEW SCHREIBER
Subject: Re: Swarm 2.0 Available
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:17:38 -0700 (PDT)

I've never written anything in Java, so I'm not ready to take advantage of
2.0 yet (of course 9 months ago I'd never written anything in Objective
C).  But, I am wondering what the implications of Java will be.

Is it going to be feasible to run Swarm applications across the net? Or,
are the main advantages that it will be easier to port our Swarm
applications to other machines and develop in a more common language?

If the applications can be run across the net, are there any example
applications that are up and ready?

Just trying to get a general sense of what the new release means.

        Darren

   with "help" in the body of the message.