swarm-swarmfest2006

Re: [Swarmfest2006] SwarmFest speakers, etc.

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: Re: [Swarmfest2006] SwarmFest speakers, etc.
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 16:46:28 -0700

North, Michael wrote:
Greg:

Bill and I discussed the timing issue in quite a bit of depth.  We
concluded that (1) we need three hours each to be able to cover the
content and (2) we want to collaborate and allow people to attend all of
the tutorials.  We are probably early enough in the registration
processes to include offer the new times.  Using Saturday evening for
the Swarm tutorial seems fine to me.

Are other people as undisturbed by teaching Swarm and Repast concurrently as I am?

I don't think scheduling anything for Sunday evening is a good idea. I think people are going to heading back to OHare to get home by Sunday afternoon.

How about we let Paul J. decide when he wants to do Swarm, because his schedule is also a major factor?

Bill/Mike: Are you intending both your Weds. and Sunday sessions to cover the same material? Or will they be the beginners and then advanced classes? (I.e., should we encourage or discourage people from attending both days?)

Steve
--
Lang, Railsback & Associates
250 California Ave.