swarm-swarmfest2006

Re: [Swarmfest2006] Need to find an economist

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: Re: [Swarmfest2006] Need to find an economist
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 07:47:38 -0700

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
Another one, similar to Tim Kohler, is Lisa Curran. http://www.yale.edu/environment/bios/curran.html Also great fun is Steve Lansing and his Bali & SAIL work. http://www.ic.arizona.edu/~lansing/index.html
(Chris Langton wrote SAIL as a sort of high-level Lisp version of Swarm.)

I meant to ask Steve because he has shown some interest in SDG.

Elinor Ostrom is someone else I keep hearing about although it wasn't clear to me that she has made much use of ABMs...not that that is absolutely essential.

Marcus: Could you probe Steve and see if he persuadeable? I told Tim Kohler that we are looking for a 'featured speaker' with a slot of up to an hour, or even an after-dinner talk for Friday; you could tell Lansing the same, and if any confusion arises we'll deal with it later.

See my next msg.

Steve

--
Lang, Railsback & Associates