Re: [Swftools-common] Problems with avi2swf

From: Amartyo Banerjee
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problems with avi2swf
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 03:04:52 -0800 (PST)

--- Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 11:37:17AM -0700, Amartyo Banerjee wrote:
> > When I try to convert an avi to a flash file using avi2swf, I get large
> > numbers of warning
> > messages. When I try to view the resulting flash file, the colour is lost
> > and I see 3 thin
> narrow
> > frames side by side.
> > Here is an example of converting and the warning messages:
> > avi2swf 30sec.avi -o avflash.swf
> > convert frame 0<CImage> : Cannot convert non-YUV image to BGR24
>
> This is a bug which was fixed in the development version of swftools:
>     http://www.quiss.org/swftools/swftools-2003-08-08-1851.tar.gz

I tried again with the development version listed above. Unfortunately I got
the following result:
avi2swf 30sec.avi -o avflash.swf
<init> : Avifile CVS-0.7.39-031007-11:59-gcc version 3.2 (Mandrake Linux 9.0 3
.2-1mdk)
<init> : Available CPU flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr
 pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
<init> : 1900.06 MHz Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.90GHz processor detected
<reader> : checking: 30sec.avi
<AVI reader> : MainHeader: MicroSecPerFrame=40000 MaxBytesPerSec=25000
 PaddingGranularity=0 Flags=[ HAS_INDEX IS_INTERLEAVED TRUST_CKTYPE ] TotalFra
mes=750
 InitialFrames=0 Streams=1 SuggestedBufferSize=1048576 WxH=352x288
 Scale=0 Rate=0 Start=0 Length=0
<AVI reader> : StreamHeader: Type=vids Handler=DIVX Flags=[ ]
 InitialFrames=0 Scale=1 Rate=25 Start=0 Length=750
 SuggestedBufferSize=1048576 Quality=-1 SampleSize=0 Rect l,r,t,b=0,352,0,288
<AVI reader> : Reading index from offset: 1070558
<AVI reader> : Stream 0 vids : DIVX (0x58564944) 750 chunks (2.93KB)
<StreamCache> : Creating cache for file descriptor: 4
<reader> : Initialized video stream (chunk tblsz: 750, fmtsz: 40)
Couldn't open video stream
<LDT keeper> : Installed fs segment: 0x40013000
<codec keeper> : Found 11 plugins (/usr/local/lib/avifile-0.7,A:41,V:84)
<XviD plugin> : XviD linux decoder
<codec keeper> : XviD video decoder created

<CImage> : Cannot convert non-YUV image to BGR24
Segmentation fault

> > As I already said, when I view the file using gflashplayer, the image is in
> > black and white
> and
> > there are 3 narrow vertical frames adjacent to each other.
>
> The vertical frames might be due to the image subdivision (in
> 0.4.4, every movie is divided into 3x2 blocks, which are encoded seperately),
> the black and white is most probably due to libavifile and not avi2swf
> itself, though, so you might want to consider upgrading or downgrading
> your avifile library.

Could you let me know which version of avifile works for you ? I had been using
a cvs version, but
if necessary I could downgrade to a release version.

> In any case, I'd recommend first trying the development version of
> swftools- the avi2swf utility was completely rewritten, so there's a
> good chance the problems will simply "go away". :)

I guess I've just turned up a new problem :) I think there is some problem in
the development
version of swftools, because with my avifile library being exactly the same and
using swftools
version 0.4.4 there is no segfault when trying to convert. Also, the exact same
avi can be played
by mplayer and aviplay.

> Greetings
>
> Matthias