Re: [Swftools-common] Fonts encoding

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Fonts encoding
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:53:34 +0100

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 07:08:54PM +0100, Laurent Lalanne wrote:
> I use swfc to make a text animation but the characters like 'éèàç' in
> french are not displayed.
> It's possible or is a problem in a font.swf file ?

I see it too.
It seems the fonts generated by font2swf (I assume that are the ones
you're using) are not encoding in iso8859-1 but something else, so
those characters are not displayed.

I changed the standard encoding to WinAnsi (which is close enough
to iso8859-1) in font2swf (CVS version)- it works better now.
(Re-run "font2swf all").

Btw., the encoding for ".text" in .sc files will change to UTF-8 pretty soon-
(it's already done for ".fontshape"), so at some point in the future
you'll have to encode "éèàç" as "éÚàç". :)