Re: [Swftools-common] Complile swftools in a private directory. Does som

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Complile swftools in a private directory. Does someone know how to install SWFTools when you ain't root?
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 18:53:51 +0200

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 06:59:48PM +0300, Valery Filin wrote:
> MK> If it still doesn't work, please attach your config.log file.
>
> yes, I removed cache and had:
>   "checking for t1lib.h... no"
>
> I attached the entire configure.log here

Hm, in the log file it says:

    configure:941: checking whether the C compiler (gcc -Wparentheses
-Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -O -fomit-frame-pointer
-L/usr/local/customers/val/swf2ls/lib) works

For some reason the CPPFLAGS are not in there- they are, however, in (a
few lines later):

    configure:1201: checking how to run the C preprocessor
    configure:1222: gcc -E -I/usr/local/customers/val/swf2ls/include conftest.c
>/dev/null 2>conftest.out

Seems I used a broken autoconf version to generate that configure
script (CPPFLAGS should be passed to both compiler and preprocessor, not
just preprocessor).  Which swftools version are you working with?

However, concerning a solution, try running configure as

        LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/customers/val/swf2ls/lib" \
        CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/customers/val/swf2ls/include" \
        ./configure

(i.e., use CFLAGS instead of CPPFLAGS)
That should (hopefully) make it work.