Re: [Swftools-common] make failed on debian

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] make failed on debian
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 18:09:51 +0200

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 07:28:31AM -0700, Brian C wrote:
> : undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned)'
> xpdf/libpdf.a(Lexer.o)(.text+0xbca): In function `Lexer::getObj(Object*)':
> : undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned)'
> xpdf/libpdf.a(Lexer.o)(.text+0xbf9): In function `Lexer::getObj(Object*)':
> : undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)'
> xpdf/libpdf.a(Lexer.o)(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to
> `__gxx_personality_v0'
> xpdf/libpdf.a(PSTokenizer.o)(.eh_frame+0x11): undefined reference to
> `__gxx_personality_v0'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [pdf2swf] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/brian/swftools-0.5.1/pdf2swf'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Oh boy. That's an early 3.x.x gcc, isn't it?

Try running configure as
    LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ ./configure

> I have an Impress Presentation which I can export to .swf from within
> OpenOffice. I also have a .wav file that I would like to include in a
> unified .swf file. So I'll use wav2swf to make an audio-only .swf and
> then use SWFCombine to merge the two .swf files, resulting in a
> presentation with accompanying audio. Is this even going to work or am I
> misunderstanding something?

It should work, if you give wav2swf the "-d" (definesound) switch.
Not sure whether it would also work with streaming audio (as is
generated by default), as in those previous/next-button SWFs you
don't have the steady advancement of frames for the sound to be synchronized
with.

> Also, since I don't know how to time the advancement of the
> presentation's slides with the audio, the resulting .swf will still need
> to be clickable to advance the slides.

If you export it from Impress, it will already be clickable (see above).

> (Or is there a way for me to sit
> through the audio once clicking the slides and record that result and
> then pair THAT with the audio?)

Hm, not sure I understood the question.
Do you want to
a) Record audio while watching the slides
or
b) Record the slide duration while listening to the audio?

In the case of a), you could create seperate .wav files for each
slide, and then wrap a .sc around it, in which you specify the
slide durations and which sounds to play for each slide.
Something like

# slides_plus_sound.sc
.flash name="slides_plus_sound.swf" fps=1 # 1 frame per second
    .swf slides "slides.swf"
    .stop slides
    .sound sound1 "sound_for_slide1.swf"
    .sound sound2 "sound_for_slide2.swf"