[Swftools-common] some problems with swftools

From: John Taber
Subject: [Swftools-common] some problems with swftools
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 09:11:35 -0700

thks for all the input - Looks like we are solving some problems getting
Impress to work with swftools.
1) Add to FAQ : pdf2sfw won't compile
a) be sure that all t1lib files are installed (in Debian both t1lib-bin and
t1lib-dev)
b) be sure config.cache is deleted before re-compiling

as info on my Knoppix 3.3 debian updated to kde 3.2.2 I did not need the
LDFLAGS statement but others might.

2) thks Matthias for the sc script that shows how to split up the pdf slides

3) we were able to export each slide to a jpg then put in a .sc script for
different timing but when played in a different size browser window the fonts
look really bad - now we'll have to see if we lose so much font clarity when
the pdf's are rescaled

4) our next step will be in swfc to draw a mouse cursor that can be moved
around to simulate mouse clicks and locations (we are using this as a demo)

Matthias, maybe a fun project would be to work with Open Office or the future
AbiShow (Abiword folks) which could be the front-end to incorporate swftools
for creating linux flash programs for non-programmers - while I think SVG
could someday be the right answer to all this, as long as it does not come
standard in MS browsers, swf will be the standard.
John