[Swftools-common] PNG alpha

From: Andrew Wason
Subject: [Swftools-common] PNG alpha
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 22:50:03 -0400

I noticed this comment in swftools-0.5.1/lib/modules/swfbits.c:

      Indeed: I haven't understood yet how flash player handles
      alpha values different from 0 and 0xff in lossless bitmaps...

I think the flash player expects the alpha values to be premultiplied (for both indexed and 32bit ARGB). So for a pixel A R G B, store
A A/255*R A/255*G A/255*B

Andrew