Re: [Swftools-common] Preloader and actionscript

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Preloader and actionscript
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:38:07 +0200

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 06:49:32PM +0200, Laurent Lalanne wrote:
> I have tried to make a final swf with preloader with a command :
>
> swfcombine -o final_movie.swf PreLoader.swf -x 200 -y 100
> loader=swft_loader.swf movie=original_movie.swf
>
> The "original_movie.swf" action script work fine but in the final_movie
> don't work.... is normal ?

The way PreLoaderTemplate is currently implemented,
"original_movie.swf" will be stored inside a MovieClip in final_movie.swf.
Thus, "relative variable paths", like /mysprite1/button1, or
"_root.button1", will no longer be valid.

You can, however, remove the following two lines in swfs/PreLoaderTemplate.c:

      tag = swf_InsertTag(tag,ST_DOACTION);
      swf_ActionSet(tag, a2);

and then try the following:

    swfcombine -o final_movie.swf PreLoader.swf loader=swft_loader.swf
    swfcombine --merge -o final_movie.swf final_movie.swf
movie=original_movie.swf

This will place original_movie.swf on the _root layer, too, so the
problems should go away.