Re: [Swftools-common] swfextract test

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swfextract test
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 17:10:04 +0200

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 04:55:39PM +0200, Philippe Maurer wrote:
> I have done some other tests and I face a similar trouble with JPEG file
> now. The background color of the JPEG image is set to black and should be
> white.

Yes, I sort of saw that coming... :)

Unfortunately, in these files the alpha is stored inside a DEFINEJPEG3 tag, and
much harder to extract- the "native" format of DEFINEJPEG, jpeg, doesn't
support alpha afaik (in SWF, it's stored as an extra zlib array after the
jpeg image data), so one would have to convert it to something like
PNG first (converting lossy image data into a lossless format again-
yuck! :)) and then merge the alpha channel in. Not sure that's worth it.

What application's creating those SWFs btw.?