[Swftools-common] Re: Color difference between PDF and SWF

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: [Swftools-common] Re: Color difference between PDF and SWF
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:27:51 +0200

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 11:02:29AM +0200, Philippe Maurer wrote:
> I found out why the configure program was not working. Actually this is due
> to the freetype changes on the latest release.
>
> Freetype later than 2.1.7 may not be compatible to other project as they
> have changed their main header files. The problem has been seen with xpdf
> also.

Thanks, good to know- I'll take a look at the new freetype.

> I have downgraded my install to the version 2.1.3 and the installation works
> well.

Great!

> The last problem I can see is related to colors. When I compare the PDF file
> and the produced SWF, the colors are not the same. Actually when I look at
> the PDF in Acrobat and in GSView I have the same difference. Is this due to
> xpdf ? Is there away to have the same colors ?
>
> Have a look on my website :
> http://www.webatome.com/dev/pdf2swf/page15.pdf
> http://www.webatome.com/dev/pdf2swf/page15.swf

I can't display the pdf with acroread, for some reason.
But I don't see any difference compared to the SWF if I display
the PDF with xpdf.
Could you check whether it does look different in xpdf and
Acrobat, and if yes, contact the xpdf author about it?