Re: [Swftools-common] Simple Links? and a button problem with swfc

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Simple Links? and a button problem with swfc
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 21:56:20 +0200

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 03:40:58AM -0700, John Simmons wrote:
> Is there a simple way to add an <A HREF> to a text object?
> If not, how about to a button?

Normal text doesn't support links at all.
However, .edittext has an "html" flag, which let's you use at least
HTML markup. Maybe links also work- I haven't tested it.

> I am using swfc compiled under cygwin, (0.5.1) which generally works
> great, but does not seem to like actionscript using getURL()
>
> Also for some reason, I am not able to generate buttons using either
> text in boxes or using
> jpegs.  No matter what I do (including following the formulas in the
> examples on the swftools site)
> I get an error concerning a missing value for shape.

0.5.1 didn't have buttons yet. You need to either
a) compile the current CVS version with Cygwin or
b) use the precompiled swftools Windows version.