[Swftools-common] fonts rendered wrong in pdf2swf

From: Rob Munz
Subject: [Swftools-common] fonts rendered wrong in pdf2swf
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 09:18:01 -0400

Help is so much appreciated.

This is a PDF of a variety being created various ways that result in the same conversion or similar when run through PDF2swf. Typically PDF’s created from InDesign then run through pdf2swf. But others show similar font issues. The original PDF is here http://www.proofitonline.com/global/worldsailing.pdf results in swf can be seen here: http://www.proofitonline.com/global/bad_1.swf and http://www.proofitonline.com/global/bad_2.swf  Strange but true. Stacked fonts, case changes even font substitutions as well. Please let me know if there is a fix or ideas?

Notice the strange behavior – well I thought it strange, When the PDF loads in acrobat starting at page 3 the text is all over the place. Then it ends up where it belongs after it completes loading?

Rob