Re: [Swftools-common] Patch for pdf2swf (CID codemap file options)

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Patch for pdf2swf (CID codemap file options)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:39:40 +0000

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 11:56:41AM +0900, Moriyoshi Koizumi wrote:
> 1. "add-to-xpdfrc" contains absolute directory paths, which
>    I eventually had to fix. As it's unlikely that XPDF's language
>    packs are installed in the default directory (because there
>    should be relatively rare people who install XPDF from source),
>    I think we'd be better off changing the name of per-pack
>    configuration file to something else so as to avoid confusion.
>
> 2. With respect to 1., if "add-to-xpdfrc" contains a relative
>    path, it should be assumed to be relative to the configuration
>    file instead of the current working directory.
>
> Patch attached.

Thanks for the patch!

Concerning 1., I must admit that I'm not too keen on re-packaging the
xpdf language packs. I'd rather teach pdf2swf to deal with them exactly
in the format as they are on the xpdf download site, meaning that the
config file will be "add-to-xpdfrc", and the paths will be absolute.

Therefore, I made some modifications to your patch so that it also
removes the prefix "/usr/local/share/xpdf/*/" and treats the rest as
relative to the configuration file.

The changes are committed into CVS.