Re: [Swftools-common] Buttons

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Buttons
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 19:36:15 +0100

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 08:52:55PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi, can you show me how create an animated buttons ? ...
>
> If i have two movies (mov_1.swf and mov2.swf), i'd like to show mov_1.swf on
> idle and mov_2.swf on hover ... that's code ....
>
> .flash name="button.swf" version=6
>    .swf logo_idle filename="mov_1.swf"
>    .swf logo_hover filename="mov_2.swf"
>

>     .button btn_logo
>         .show logo_idle as=idle
>          .show logo_hover as=hover
>      .end
>

>       .put btn_logo
> .end
>

> Why i see always logo_idle  (hover does not work ...)

You probably also need to define some character (a real
one, not a sprite like with .swf) for the button area-
otherwise the area where "hover" is active is not defined
(I don't think Flash is smart enough to be able to determine
 the area of a sprite definition)
Try the following:

.flash name="button.swf" version=6
   .swf logo_idle filename="mov_1.swf"
   .swf logo_hover filename="mov_2.swf"
   .box logo_area width=300 height=200 fill=white

    .button btn_logo
        .show logo_idle as=idle
        .show logo_hover as=hover
        .show logo_area as=area