[Swftools-common] Problem in .sc fileformat

From: Jürgen Mangler
Subject: [Swftools-common] Problem in .sc fileformat
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 10:27:21 +0100

Hi all,

I'm new to swftools and this list. I discovered sort of a problem in the .sc fileformat

consider this:

.action
  _root.beginFill(0xffdddd);
  _root.lineTo(10,0);
  _root.lineTo(10,10);
  _root.lineTo(0,10);
  _root.lineTo(0,0);
  _root.endFill();

  _root.linto(10.10);
.end

the .end before .endFill is considered as the end of the actionscript block and the compile fails miserably because Fill() .. is nothing parser.lex knows.

A solution could be to check that there are no characters except space, tab and \n in front of and behind a .end

Additionally a .includeactionscript that interpretes everything in a file as as would be great (one can share his as files with "studio" owning people without removing things like .action: and .end

Thanks for your great work

Jürgen