Re: [Swftools-common] Freetype missing under macOSX

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Freetype missing under macOSX
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 08:40:46 +0100

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 09:09:51AM +0100, Nicolas Dangy-Caye wrote:
> When I try the same "configure command line" from the "2004-11-23"
> package, only the avifile library is missing !
> checking for missing libraries...  avifile

There isn't a library like avifile on Mac OS X. So the avi2swf
tool isn't supported on that system for now.
I'm playing with the thought of using Apple's quicktime video
libraries instead, but I don't yet know what kind of formats
that would support. Probably not avi... (There also seem to be
some DivX codecs for Mac, though. So maybe there's a way to
get avi to work there too)

> * The following headers/libraries are missing:  avifile
> * Disabling avi2swf tool...
>
> 1) Any idea on the Freetype and avifile missing libraries under 0.6.2 ?

0.6.2 didn't yet have full support for Fink, especially the freetype-config
script in /sw/bin/. 0.6.3 will work better.

> 2) Is the " ./configure LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib" CFLAGS="-I/sw/include" " a
> correct syntax ? I tried " LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib" CFLAGS="-I/sw/include"
> ./configure"  but It failed (should I use setenv ???).

Depends on your shell. If it's tcsh, the syntax is

setenv LDFLAGS "-L/sw/lib"
setenv CFLAGS "-I/sw/include"
./configure