[Swftools-common] PDF converts with hidden objects that extend Document

From: Clyde Sparks
Subject: [Swftools-common] PDF converts with hidden objects that extend Document edges
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:13:18 -0800

Occasionally, I convert a PDF file using PDF2SWF that converts without error but
when I load and scale the SWF file in my own viewer the page has "empty bands"
on one or more sides.

I have tracked the problem to being "hidden" artifact objects inside the original PDF file that are embedded in the SWF.
When these "hidden" objects extend past the document edges they effectively extend the document's width and height.
I have confirmed by comparing the original output of PDF2SWF and using swfdump and swfbbox.

See this page for a graphical schematic of the Document/Artifact relationship:
http://www.clydesparks.com/test/BoundingBoxProblem_2004-12-13a.html

Question: Are there any SWF Tools that I could use to either:
1) extract the artifact object?
2) change the artifact's width/height bounding box to be within the main Document's bounding box?
3) Any other ideas on how to fix???

Thanks
CRS