Re: [Swftools-common] truncation of sound

From: Steve Allam
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] truncation of sound
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:43:52 +0000

Matthias,

I downloaded both the CVS and the latest snapshot last night, and
didn't see any difference (I made sure that the correct version was
being used) - the sounds are still truncated.

You mention that the last mp3_blocksize is at fault - in wav2swf I can
see that you convert to mp3 before including the file, however, in swfc
it just seems to read in the wav file, not convert to mp3 first??

Steve

At 19:46 20/02/2005, you wrote:
On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 11:22:08AM +0000, Steve Allam wrote:
> This works fine, but I find that the playback of the resulting swf file
> truncates the end of the sound file.  The file in
> question is a short audio voice clip.  If you listen to the original wav
> file, all is fine, however, the swf file loses the
> last part, which is usually just the end of a work, so that you will here
> 'emai'  rather than 'email' for example.

Yes, that's the same problem that wav2swf once had. The last few (up to
mp3_blocksize) samples aren't processed.
CVS now contains a fix. I'll also upload new snapshots in a few days.