Re: [Swftools-common] generating swf fonts

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] generating swf fonts
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:55:25 +0100

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 05:13:54PM +0100, Giniu wrote:
> I was looking around in CVS and in /lib/examples I found hexfont.c - now
> I know that something like generating swf font files with specify glyph
> ranges is possible by compiling custom tool, but in this example is
> without coments, can someone explain writing font files, or direct me to
> some materials over net? i googled around, but couldn't find anything
> about that... Just what those options used in this files means... like:
>
>    what means 32 in object.encoding = 32;? is this some ISO, UTF-8,
> full Unicode?? is somewhere table of supported encodings?

32 (0x20) means Unicode. A list of encodings is in
lib/modules/swftext.c:

#define FF2_ANSI         0x08
#define FF2_SHIFTJIS     0x10
#define FF2_UNICODE      0x20

>    for what are used object.ascii2glyph[number]=x and
> object.glyph2asci[number]=y ?

Maps glyph (graphical shape of a given character) to encoding
position (in this case, the Unicode of the character), and vice
versa.
As swftools always uses unicode by default, those will probably
be renamed to glyph2unicode and unicode2glyph soon.

>    are ymax/min and xmax/min used for formating swf, or for something
> else, what values are correct?

Those are the bounding boxes of the glyph. xmax is the biggest x coordinate
in the glyph shape, ymin the smallest y coordinate etc.

> I know some basics of C, so this file isn't something tottaly unclear
> for me, but i need eplain of used methods, since i don't have time to
> study source code of rfxswf to find that out. This is very important
> thing for me,  thanks in advance...

Happy to help- post to the list if you have any other questions.
Sorry for the late answer.