Re: [Swftools-common] sharpness control

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] sharpness control
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:16:49 +0200

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 12:39:45PM +0200, Patrick Brockmann wrote:
> I have put again a new serie of png files and the way I have created the
> final animation
> (with control buttons and a preloader).
>
> See http://dods.ipsl.jussieu.fr/brocksce/swf_test/

Thanks for the files.
Hm, it seems the only difference between 6_1 and 6_3 is in the frame
number in the header- it's 0 in 6_1 (an by now fixed swfcombine bug) and
3 in 6_3. For some reason, the correct frame number somehow switches off the
flash player antializing. This is really weird. I wish I knew where this
was coming from. Maybe swfcombine should have a flag for forcing the
frame number to 0 (even though this is incorrect- but in this case, it
does generate a swf which does render better...).

> In addition to the problem of sharpness of the resulting animation, I
> have noticed that the preloader is not active during the loading phase. Could
> you
> confirm this ?

I've got the preloader in both files- which file doesn't work for you?