Re: [Swftools-common] swf looping?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swf looping?
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:37:30 +0200

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 12:26:36AM -0600, Chris Cherrett wrote:
> When I add a preloader to my swf file it will not stop looping. I set
> loop="false" in my webpage but it keeps looping. Before the preloader is
> added I can control the looping with loop="false".

When a preloader is added, both the preloader movie and the movie itself
are inserted into a MovieClip. The latter have a timeline independent of
the main movie, and thus of course still loop even if the loop=false
option is set.
I'm afraid I don't know, though,  whether/how you can control the loop
property of MovieClips- if it's possible, then it should be easy to
modify PreLoaderTemplate.sc (http://www.quiss.org/files/PreLoaderTemplate.sc)
so that it sets that property to false for the "movie" Sprite.