[Swftools-common] Image interpolation/compression problem

From: Lasse Løvstakken
Subject: [Swftools-common] Image interpolation/compression problem
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:32:38 +0200

Hello everybody, I hope you can help me with this problem I have encountered
using the (excellent) swftools.

I first make vector/bitmap eps-files to a multipage pdf and then to a swf
file. In an example the image frames consists of simple squares of random
colors. When I play the first swf made by using pdf2swf it looks just fine,
the same quality of the colored squares is present. However, when I use swfc
to make a final swf containing the original swf and an actionscript GUI to
control the movie (play, pause etc.), the colors have been interpolated or
compressed, i.e. it does not look good. The original swf is included as a
".swf movie" object as:

.swf movie filename="makeswftmp.swf"

And the final flash file is defined as

.flash bbox=autocrop version=6 filename="test.swf']" compress
background=#FFFFFF

(I have tried with and without the compress option, no difference)

I don't know if this was clearly described, but is there a simple solution
here?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Lasse Loevstakken