Re: [Swftools-common] textsnapshot behavior on converted swfs

From: Chris Flowers
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] textsnapshot behavior on converted swfs
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 01:18:45 -0500

> However if you were to use version 0.7.0 to generate the swf and then
> try using textsnapshot, it
> will find the locations (as in the index, within the entire text
> block, of the first character) but it will not highlight the bounding
> box.

Matthias,

I think I know why the highlight fails. The TextSnap function
'setSelectedText' requires
at least 1 character from each font used, any character, to be defined as a
dynamic text object.
These dynamic textboxes provide the needed embedded font metrics for the
highlight to work properly
on all the static text throughout the swf.

A command line flag to automate the creation/embedding of these special
dynamic
textboxes would be an awsome addition.

While the TextSnap object is a Flash 7 ActionScript addition,
Macromedia's specs say Flash 6's player supports it for playback.

Chris