Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf / buttons

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf / buttons
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 22:54:46 +0100

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 05:10:16PM +0100, Benedikt Quirmbach wrote:
> How to create a fill that is 100% transparent (it's there but
> invisible)?

passing "fill=#00aabbcc" to .filled, .box, .circle etc. should do
it. the "00" at the start of the color denotes the alpha component.

> How to create a button that has a transparent fill and 1 line at the
> bottom?

Ah. Now I see what you want the transparent fill for. You don't actually
need transparency if you want the button to be clickable in a region
larger than the visible shape.
All you need to do is something like

    .box bigshape width=300 height=300 fill=black

    .button playbutton
        .show bigshape x=100 y=100 as=area
        .show line x=100 y=400 as=idle,pressed,hover
    .end

Here, "bigshape" is the region, and "line" the visible shape.
"bigshape" is not visible.

> How to write an actionscript for that button? (I know how to write
> actionscript but how to get it into the button...)

Ok, so together with the line, the final script would look like
this:

.flash bbox=800x600
    .outline oline:
        moveTo 0,0
        lineTo 300,0
    .end
    .filled line outline=oline line=3 color=blue

    .box bigshape width=300 height=300 fill=black

    .button playbutton
        .show bigshape x=100 y=100 as=area
        .show line x=100 y=400 as=idle,pressed,hover

        .on_press inside:
            // actionscript...
        .end
    .end
    .put playbutton
.end

> P.S.: I think i can use swfc in conjunction with php by first write the
> swfc-file with php and than pass it to swftools...

Sounds reasonable. Until I find time to write an extension module to PHP
(similar
to the Python module), this is probably the best solution.