Re: [Swftools-common] how to add clickTAG?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] how to add clickTAG?
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:56:55 +0100

On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 10:55:54AM -0700, Jonathan Motta wrote:
> I've used swfc to create a little swf banner ad to upload to google
> adwords, but when I try to upload it, google gives an error that says
> "Flash must support clickTAG".  I can't find anything in any of the
> swftools documentation on how to do this. Any pointers would be
> appreciated. Thanks.

Hm. Never heard about a clickTAG before.
According to
    http://www.macromedia.com/resources/richmedia/tracking/adserving_guide/
it's a special parameter passed to the SWF file, though.

How does that swf banner upload at google work? Do you upload just an
SWF file, or a HTML file too?

In the case of the former, Google seems to have some mechanism in place
for checking whther the clickTAG parameter is evaluated inside the
file.  Adding something like

    .box box width=300 height=300
    .button
        .show box as=idle,area,pressed,hover
        .on_press inside:
            getURL (clickTAG, "_blank");
        .end
    .end

to your swfc script should make it work in this case.

(I wonder how they would check for the clickTAG presence... Maybe they
 just grep for it)