Re: [Swftools-common] SWF Tools, Flash and IE misbehaviour

From: Neal Murphy
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] SWF Tools, Flash and IE misbehaviour
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 15:45:40 -0500

On Tuesday 27 December 2005 05:05, Matthias Kramm wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 11:00:46AM +0100, Matthias Kramm wrote:
> > > I have a small SWF I created with swftools. It seems that when its loop
> > > is restarted, IE jumps back to the top of the window; this doesn't
> > > happen with Konqueror or Firefox.
> >
> > I dimly remember this issue coming up before (on this list).
> >
> > Not sure whether there was a solution. I'll take a look at retrieving
> > the old post(s).
>
> Found it:
>
>     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2005-09/msg00051.html
>

> Seems a "swfcombine -t movie.swf -o movie.swf" did the trick.

Cool! I'll give it a go. ... Yup. That did it. Thanks!

Of course, if it's a swftools deficiency, you'll find the mal-twiddled bit in
due time. Or if it's an IE or flash plug-in bug, you'll trace it there and
point a cautious finger.
--
Neal P. Murphy; Website & Information Systems
  Diesel Hot Rod Association, Inc.