Re: [Swftools-common] help compiling

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] help compiling
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 19:14:15 +0200

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 05:49:33PM +0100, Pedro Jorge Caridade wrote:
> I'm really struggling trying to compile swftools in linux (fedora core
> 5). I have used a lot the swftools in the past and I was able to compile
> older versions. Right now it is really driving me crazy and I really
> need it and with avi2swf working. Everything goes well until it starts
> compiling GFXOutputDev.cc file. I have tried everything. Compiling with
> gcc 4.1.1, with gcc legacy flags, but nothing can compile this file.

You're compiling the latest snapshot, right?

Does it work with the version of today?

> Does anybody have some kind of recipe and list of required software for
> linux instalation? If someone was able to compile also avi2swf, what
> software was required besides avifile?

I wouldn't use avifile anymore- it'll also most probably be removed from
swftools soon.
Use
    mencoder file.avi -lavfopts
i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames \
                      -ffourcc FLV1 -oac mp3lame -of lavf -ovc lavc \
                      -lavcopts vcodec=flv:acodec=mp3:vbitrate=500:abitrate=56
-srate 22050  \
                      -o file.swf
instead.