[Swftools-common] pdf2swf with getTextSnapshot problem

From: Leif Wells
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf with getTextSnapshot problem
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 15:27:06 -0500

All,

This isn't specifically a pdf2swf problem, but I hope that someone who has used getTextSnapthot() with a swf created with pdf2swf has some insights into this problem.

I used the -f option to create a swf that will work with getTextSnapshot()! I am running the code through a loop that makes it possible to highlight search words, i.e. if you type in "the" then all the text that has "the" in it gets highlighted in yellow.

My problem is that the swf, which is loading into a ScrollPane, will un-highlight the found items after a second or a minute. I am not sure where the problem is, but I am assuming that it is somewhere in my code that it happens.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Does it have something to do with the ScrollPane refresh?

Thanks,

Leif