[Swftools-common] Custom viewer trouble

From: J.
Subject: [Swftools-common] Custom viewer trouble
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 18:45:33 -0700 (PDT)

I'm no flash expert but I've used it a bit. I tried to make a custom
pre-loader so the users would get a % and a progress bar while the 4meg
pdf/swf loads in the background. Unfortunately, swfcombine doesn't seem
to link up the variables that determine the progress so it didn't work.
Next I decided to try to extend my preloader into a simple viewer (even
simpler than simpleViewer.swf).

I got it close to working. The progress bar preloader works, but then
when it goes to the frame where the pdf/swf is, it quickly rolls
through it over and over and the controls don't work. I was able to get
the scrolling to stop by adding an action to the frame (something like
stop()), but the prev and next buttons never worked.

What I did was create a key frame after the pre-loader frames and added
a prev and next button on either side of the movieclip element (called
viewport of course).

Here's the action I put into the prev button:

on (press) {
        viewport.gotoAndStop(_currentframe-1);
        setTarget("");
}

Obviously I dug in the archives to find the above. I tried the
suggested code (adjusted for syntax) on the documentation page on pdf
converting and also tried about 20 other combinations of things to try
to get some action. Also, I couldn't find setTarget as a keyword in
Flash. Is that something in the swf's generated by pdf2swf? Thanks.

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.