[Swftools-common] pdf2swf - position overflow/hangs when called from jav

From: Robert Brueckmann
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - position overflow/hangs when called from java
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:13:25 -0400

I'm using version: 'pdf2swf - part of swftools 2007-06-24-1306' from the
development snapshot windows rar download (2007-07-08).

When I try to convert a some PDFs, I get the following output to the
command-line:

NOTICE  processing PDF page 1 (1849x1133:0:0) (move:0:0)
Warning: S16 overflow: 33516
NOTICE  processing PDF page 6 (1849x1133:0:0) (move:0:0)
Warning: Horizontal char position overflow: 35228
Warning: S16 overflow: 35228
Warning: Horizontal char position overflow: 34579
Warning: S16 overflow: 34579
Warning: Horizontal char position overflow: 33320
Warning: S16 overflow: 33320
Warning: Horizontal char position overflow: 33149
Warning: S16 overflow: 33149
Warning: Horizontal char position overflow: 34432
Warning: S16 overflow: 34432
Warning: Horizontal char position overflow: 34432
Warning: S16 overflow: 34432
Warning: Horizontal char position overflow: 35889
Warning: S16 overflow: 35889
Warning: Horizontal char position overflow: 35975
Warning: S16 overflow: 35975
NOTICE SWF written

When I run this same command from my java class and I output the process
output stream from my java class, it gets hung up after processing the
second page of the PDF and almost appears to be frozen but a few minutes
later, it will complete and generate the swf file.  It's like the
command is stuck in some loop or something and finally breaks out of it.

Any thoughts about why calling this utility from my java class appears
to freeze?  This doesn't happen with any other version of the
utility...same can be said about the output I'm seeing above with the
character position overflow message, which I'm thinking could be the
cause of the temporary freeze I'm experiencing from my java command
class as well.

It also only happens intermittently, which isn't the greatest behavior
to happen on your website...sometimes it hangs, sometimes it doesn't.

Any thoughts?

Merlin Securities - #1 Prime Broker North America, #1 Prime Broker Single
Strategy Funds, #1 Prime Broker Funds Under $100M - Global Custodian 2007

This message contains information from Merlin Securities, LLC, or from one of
its affiliates, that may be confidential and privileged. If you are not an
intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately
by telephone or by replying to this transmission.

Merlin Securities, LLC is a registered broker-dealer. Services offered through
Merlin Securities, LLC are not insured by the FDIC or any other Federal
Government Agency, are not deposits of or guaranteed by Merlin Securities, LLC
and may lose value. Nothing in this communication shall constitute a
solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell a particular security.