Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - 1: Image disappearing, 2: drop shadow tu

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - 1: Image disappearing, 2: drop shadow turns out white, 3: divide pdf, 4: add background, php
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:35:21 +0100

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 03:33:13PM +0100, André Myrbråten wrote:
> *Problem 1*
> The image on the left side disappears. Problem partly solved, see "solution"
> under.
> *Problem 2*
> The images on the right side seems transparent and have some sort of drop
> shadow implemented. Problem partly solved, see "solution" under.

Could you try whether these still appear with the latest development
snapshot if you convert them with
    pdf2swf -s poly2bitmap file.pdf -o file.swf
?

> there are many options with the -s letter.. How does this work

Try
    pdf2swf -q -s help file.pdf
.

> *Problem 3*
> The pdf is double sided. Is there a way to split it into two pages?

Yes, you can extract a specific region from a pdf file.
Use the -c option for this:
    pdf2swf -p1 -c 50:75:500:600 file.pdf -o file.swf
.
This extracts the region (50,50)-(500,600) (which might be the left
halfpage) from the first page.
You can also automate this, if you're willing to write a bit of python
code. In lib/python/ is a module called "gfx" which you can use to
query page sizes and concatenate individual page region conversions into
a final SWF fle. The module is not documented yet, so
you'll probably have to get back to me if you want to use this.

> *Problem 4*
> Is there a way to add a white (or coloured) background or "frame" that fills
> the background of the exported SWF?

Yes. First remove the background by using the "-s transparent" option,
then move something else below the file with swfcombine:
    pdf2swf -s transparent file.pdf -o file.swf
    swfcombine -Tm mybackground.swf file.swf -o file.swf
.

http://de3.php.net/manual/en/function.popen.php