Re: [Swftools-common] onClipEvent compilation error

From: Vladimir Dzhuvinov
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] onClipEvent compilation error
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 20:20:29 +0200

Hi again,

The swftools version I use is more recent, it's a development snapshot
from 20th Nov. 2007 ago downloaded from
http://www.swftools.org/download.html This should explain the error
message difference.

As far as I know there are different language versions of ActionScript
and it could be that swftools has only support for an older ActionScript
version that doesn't have onClipEvent() yet.

But then I read
[http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/8/main/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=00001753.html]
that onClipEvent() has been around since ActionScript 1.0/Flash Player
5, so it could be something else.

Could it be that the compiler optimises away the handler on noticing
that it doesn't do anything? ("Warning: freeing zero action...")

Vladimir

--
Vladimir Dzhuvinov * www.TheTransactionCompany.com * PGP key ID AC9A5C6C