Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf output crashes all Flash players

From: Jeff Seibert
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf output crashes all Flash players
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 08:30:52 -0700

I suppose hang is more accurate. The browser did not crash, per se, but I let it run for 5 minutes with no improvement in responsiveness (or display of anything). From the user's perspective, this is a crash. I get the same results using FlashPlayer, Flash CS3, etc.

If the file is not corrupt in any way, is there a way to detect overly- complex SWF files and simplify them? Or specify a cap on the number of shape objects pdf2swf creates?

Thanks,

Jeff