[Swftools-common] Scaling issue when increasing the -s zoom over 144 or

From: Ryan Gardner
Subject: [Swftools-common] Scaling issue when increasing the -s zoom over 144 or so
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 11:43:19 -0600

I'm playing around with using some pretty high resolutions for using pdf2swf - I can up it from 72 to 144 without problems, but when I update it to 288, I get lots of errors like this and the generated SWF has characters out of place and seemingly in random locations.

NOTICE  processing PDF page 1 (2520x3240:0:0) (move:0:0)
NOTICE  File contains forms
Warning: Horizontal char position overflow: 32889
Warning: S16 overflow: 32889
Warning: Horizontal char position overflow: 33197
Warning: S16 overflow: 33197
Warning: Horizontal char position overflow: 32970
Warning: S16 overflow: 32970
Warning: Horizontal char position overflow: -32970
Warning: S16 overflow: -32970

Obviously, beyond 144 increasing the resolution reaches a point of diminishing returns quite quickly - but I thought I'd pass it along in case you were interested.

I can supply the PDF that I was testing it with if you want it for a reference.

Ryan