Re: [Swftools-common] strange behaviour with SWFC

From: Benedikt Quirmbach
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] strange behaviour with SWFC
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:17:41 +0100

Hi Matthias,

thank you for the answer.

Since I'm a simple web designer with some programming skills I don't really understand what you suggested.

I understand that mutex is used to separate different threads on one machine.
But I don't know how to do that.

And I'm not really shure that this is the solution.

When the PHP script on the server creates the new SWFs it creates 3 SWFs in one running. If these 3 threads would overwrite each other there would not be a new SWF (or at least only one, the last).

In the case of my script there are 3 SWFs that can be loaded and that run without problems (Animation..). But the variable texts can not be seen, because the variables are not inside.

When I download the same SWFs a little time later (without creating new ones), the SWFs are OK with the variable texts.

To give the script more time to ceate the SWFs I set a timer in my Flex application. This timer starts after calling the php script to create the SWFs.
After 5 seconds it tries to load the new SWFs.
And there are SWFs... but without the variable data...

Could you please explane how to set mutexes?
I would give it a try, but don't know how to do that.

Benedikt