Re: [Swftools-common] rfxview updated for mouse scrolling.

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] rfxview updated for mouse scrolling.
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 23:27:17 +0100

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 06:24:28PM +0000, Ian Wilkinson <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've attached the code to this message, just place it after the
> dragrefresh = setInterval(refreshDrag, 20);

Thanks!

> Are there any other changes you were planning to make to it that I might
> be able to implement?

Certainly- the TODO list for rfxview is long. :)
Page flipping, text search, printing are probably the top #3.
Any help you might lend is more than welcome.

> While I've got your attention I'd like to ask a couple of quick questions;
> The documentation for both swfc and the sc file format seems either a
> little out of date or incomplete.

I know. Next iteration of documentation-writing is on the horizon.
Right now, I'm still busy with the AS3.0 compiler though.

> Is there a reference somewhere to
> exactly what commands can be put in a sc file and what the parameters
> are each command?

If you're not afraid of "The Source", there's an array called
"arguments[]" in src/swfc.c, which is actually quite readable.
(There probably should be some documentation autogenerated from that
 in the future)

> The swifty package in CVS is not mentioned on the swftools site, nor can
> google find any reference to it, other than the mailing list.  I believe
> it to be a GUI for producing sc files, if so what state is it in, how do
> you go about running it (I have no experience with Tcl/Tk).

Afraid swifty was discontinued by the author (even though it was a quite
nice project). There are some GUIs out there for writing swfc scripts
though. Check the mailing list archives for links.