Re: [Swftools-common] SWFTOOLS on shared hosting..?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] SWFTOOLS on shared hosting..?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:18:31 +0100

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 08:57:01PM +0200, Alex Sherman <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am looking for a way to use SWFTOOLS on a shared hosting where I have
> shell (SSH) access but no root.
> Is there a way to deploy SWFTOOLS in such manner or maybe there are binaries
> for LINUX that I can use?

Should be no problem-
Try extracting the swftools tar archive in your home directory and
running "./configure" and "make" there.
If all goes o.k., you'll end up with binaries in src/, which you
can e.g. copy to your ~/bin/.

In case the configure or make are missing any libraries, you'll have
to compile swftools statically on some other machine, though, and
then copy the binaries to your target system.