[Swftools-common] Problem converting to swf

From: Ronen Hen
Subject: [Swftools-common] Problem converting to swf
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 01:47:25 -0500

Hello all,

We have a problem converting PDF files that were exported using adobe indesign.

For some reason when we export the files using adobe professional everything works including all the links,

But when we try to export the PDF files using indesign ( that is our main objective) we get the following error on some pages:

Internal error: badly balanced softmasks/transparency groups

Now, for some pages the conversion works without a problem but for some… we get that message.

(our pages are rich with graphics and transparent graphics)

I have tried every configuration combination possible using the export tool of adobe indesign but yet

We get the same result on specific pages that the same pages originated from adobe professional are being converted.

I am sure that this is a confutation issue with adobe indesign that I might be missing.

Any suggestions ?