Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf stroke cap style

From: Jarno Kyttälä
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf stroke cap style
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 14:02:32 +0200

Jarno Kyttälä wrote:
Hello,

When I convert PDFs with pdf2swf, strokes change their appearance.

Ok. I found out what's causing this problem. Stroke to polygon conversion doesn't (and cannot) work correctly for closed paths, becouse of perturbation, and direct == comparison of path start and end coordinates floating point values.

I can't use disable_polygon_conversion either, since I need cap/join styles to work correctly.

I didn't want to touch the libart sources directly, so I commented out the vpath perturbation at gfxpoly.c's strokeToPoly, and closed paths seemed to render correctly with the PDFs I tested it with.

I haven't noticed any side effects yet, but I really need this to work, and this brutal solution seems to work for me.

--
Jarno K.