Re: [Swftools-common] is it possible to get a pure gfx.dll

From: oyster
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] is it possible to get a pure gfx.dll
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 15:11:51 +0800

maybe you misunderstood me
2009/3/31, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden>:

> > 2. fortunately, I can use the python extesion from your official
> > windows build. but there is a small flaw
> > [quote]
> > pdf2png.py:3: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module gfx:
> > This
> >  Python has API version 1013, module gfx has version 1012.
> > [/quote]
>
> Yep, known problem. Will be fixed with the next revision of my build
> scripts.
this proves one thing: python's extension depends on python's version
heavily, with which we compile the pyd. if we build a extension for py
2.5.1, it runs on py 2.5.2, but gives the above warning. However, it
does not run on py 2.4/2.6

> > 3.as you may know, there is a module called ctypes. So if a pure
> > gfx.dll is supplied, we can program the interface in pure python,
> > which can run without modification on py24/25/26/...
>
> Patches are welcome.
so here comes ctypes module. By using ctypes, we can write a moulde in
pure python language to call the functions in a *pure* dll/so. this
module can run in py 2.4/2.5/2.6 without modifications.

But, above of all, we must compile a C lib into *pure* dll/so.
I have contributed the python interface to haru, ming and other libs,
for all of them can be compiled into a pure dll.

I did not find a pure gfx.dll in swftools, I know little about C, and
I cannot compile swftools on windows with my devcpp. So I have to wait
to see if someone can build a swf.dll, or point out that it is a
mission impossible at all.

> Matthias

Regards

Li Jun