Re: [Swftools-common] how to play .wav file from swf button

From: Norman Khine
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] how to play .wav file from swf button
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 18:53:17 +0200

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 03:15:58PM +0200, Norman Khine <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Looks good so far... could you also attach your config.h?
>>
>> Attached.
>
> Thanks-
> Things don't add up here. config.h *does* define HAVE_LAME, so
> lame support is getting compiled in.
>
> Is it possible that the wav2swf you're executing is not the one
> you compiled?

Don't think so, how can i check?

On my OS X laptop there is only one instance of wav2swf, build as
described before.

In /usr/local/bin there is only one wav2swf file.

/usr/bin does not contain wav2swf nor does /sw/bin

Also, I have the same error on my gentoo server and SWFTools was
simply emerged once.

# emerge -av media-gfx/swftools

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] media-gfx/swftools-0.8.1  0 kB

..
--- replaced obj /usr/bin/wav2swf
--- replaced obj /usr/bin/swfstrings
--- replaced obj /usr/bin/swfextract
--- replaced obj /usr/bin/swfdump
--- replaced obj /usr/bin/swfcombine
--- replaced obj /usr/bin/swfc
--- replaced obj /usr/bin/swfbbox
--- replaced obj /usr/bin/png2swf
--- replaced obj /usr/bin/pdf2swf
--- replaced obj /usr/bin/jpeg2swf
--- replaced obj /usr/bin/font2swf
--- replaced dir /usr/bin
--- replaced dir /usr
>>> Original instance of package unmerged safely.
 *
 * avifile is currently not supported.
 * Therefore, avi2swf was not installed.
 *

 * Messages for package media-gfx/swftools-0.8.1:

 *

--
So only avi2swf was not installed.

Thanks for looking into this.