[Swftools-common] Multiple Swf generation from single pdf

From: address@hidden Uttarwar
Subject: [Swftools-common] Multiple Swf generation from single pdf
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 18:24:57 +0530

Hi guys,

I am having the requirement in my project where I want to split a PDF file into SWF file(s) with each SWF containing 10 pages.

Everything works well and fine if I start multiple processes for each conversion and also I have to wait

For each conversion to finish, so I have started multiple processes synchronously.

But if the PDF file contains more than 1000 pages then I have to start 100 such process for one PDF file,

Which is Causing a lot Processor Overhead. :(

Is there any other way to achieve the same?

I think it is better to have an option with pdf2swf.exe which can take multiple (comma separated)  list of page numbers with -p option,

Eg:  pdf2swf.exe  -T 9 -p 1-10,11-20,21-30 -f -t -z c:\\test.pdf -o  c:\\test.swf

So that pdf2swf.exe will handle all this and no need to create multiple processes. :)

Regards,

Pravin Uttarwar