Re: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf javascript events

From: onur . tugcu
Subject: Re: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf javascript events
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 05:39:23 +0000

Hi Ricardo

Those are very good suggestions, but I already have the server architecture in place.
I have one web service where I will keep the page flipped events
I want to have one client (student) flash which will receive page events from the server
And one control client (teacher) flash which will send the web service flip events.

I have everything in place, I just need the flash to _javascript_ to flash part.
That's why I did not mention the rest. And it seems you figured it all out.
I will share this as an opensource solution when finished so people can get an idea.

Now important things:
Is it possible to use the ExternalInterface class from .sc ?
All I need to do is to expose the _javascript_ functions with a viewer.
I tried several viewers written in actionscript 3 and they all gave me the same error.

For example when I try building this Main class in Flex Builder (after fixing the ; error)
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2009-02/msg00141.html

and then try to put my swf into its viewport control
swfcombine -f Main.swf viewport=LowLatencyData.swf -o test.swf

I get the
WARNING Didn't find anything named viewport in file. No substitutions will occur.

I can't find one working example of making my own viewer in actionscript, and I don't know how to do externalinterface in sc.

Help would be greatly appreciated.