Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf conversion error using php

From: Ricardo Pedroso
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf conversion error using php
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:44:01 +0100

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Ricardo Pedroso <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 8:20 AM, franck ruzzin <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi Ricardo,
>>
>> Following the results for 2 problematic files, one with a return code of 1
>> and the other with a return code of 6, when executing the php script via
>> http.
>>
>> You'll notice that the execution from shell always ends with the generation
>> of the swf file, the return code is 0.
>> You'll notice that the http execution results in an error code (<>0) and no
>> file generation.
>>
>> In the begining, I thought of a error inside the pdf files (the two files
>> come from windows, one is written and converted to pdf with openoffice, the
>> other is written with word and converted with PDFcreator). But in this case,
>> why does the shell conversion succeed ?
>>
>> If it can help, I can send you the pdf files.

Hi Franck,

I received with pdf's.

I copy paste you php script and run it through lighttpd.
Both pdfs were successfully converted.
My lighthttpd is configured to run php as fastcgi.

It's seems that you have some limit configured somewhere, you have to find it.
If with run php as mod_php, you could try to configure it to run as fastcgi.

My best guess is that you are reaching a memory limit.
Both pdf conversion reach 40M/50M of memory on my laptop.

How do you run your apache/php? mod_php?

You can try, as root:
su - user_that_run_apache

and then check the OS limits(memory, filesize,....) for that user with:
ulimit

I found this thread that problably is related to your problem:
http://marc.info/?t=122233449100004&r=1&w=2

Ricardo