[Swftools-common] Flash Neophyte: PDF2SWF-generated movie appearing on t

From: Brian Howell
Subject: [Swftools-common] Flash Neophyte: PDF2SWF-generated movie appearing on top of viewer
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 22:22:46 -0700

Hi,

I've just started playing around with Flash, using PDF2SWF. I've been successful viewing paged documents by linking [-B] the bundled 'simpleviewer'. However, I want to use ZViewer, which loads a SWF for display. If I pass ZViewer a SWF file that's been linked to with simpleviewer, then the simpleviewer player appears within ZViewer's viewport and the original SWF within simpleviewer. However, if I omit linking simpleviewer, then the SWF appears on top of ZViewer (extends outside of the viewport). Regardless of the approach, the SWF cannot be paged within ZViewer.

What do I have to do to make a SWF play within the ZViewer viewport (clipped to the viewport's boundaries) and also allow it to be paged (respond to ZViewer's paging controls).

Thanks,

Brian

--
Brian Howell
Remember alcohol and calculus don't mix, so don't drink and derive.

Twitter: SensuLato
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bdhowell

--

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.

-- Mark Twain