[Swftools-common] Font substitution

From: Andreas Haufler \(scireum\)
Subject: [Swftools-common] Font substitution
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 08:35:10 +0200

Hi everyone,

we just recognized, that pdf2swf 0.9.0 doesn’t complain anymore when it substitutes fonts. I made my way through the code and think that in SplashOutputDev.cc:1061 a warning like:

                  msg("<warning> The font: %s is substituted by %s", gfxFont->getName()->getCString(),splashOutSubstFonts[substIdx].name);

could be placed. As far as my C knowledge goes, this is where the substitution is computed. It seems to be external code, so hacking around there is probably not too good, but we really need to know if a font is substituted.

best regards

Andy

freundliche Grüße
scireum - Ein Unternehmen der TTI GmbH

i.A. Andreas Haufler
Projektleiter scireum

TTI GmbH - TGU scireum, Friedrichstr. 8, 70736 Fellbach

Tel: (0711) 69394632  -  E-Mail:   address@hidden
Fax: (0711) 69394635  -  Internet: http://www.scireum.de

TTI GmbH - Zentrale, Nobelstr. 15, 70569 Stuttgart

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bernd Bertsche, Elgar Rödler

Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 19455