Re: [Swftools-common] libpoppeler

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] libpoppeler
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 08:59:34 -0700

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Andreas Haufler (scireum) <address@hidden> wrote:
I downloaded the Flex-SDK and hacked together a small app which reads an swf
via TagDecoder, replaces all DefineFont2 tags with DefineFont3 tags and uses
the (closed source) FlashFontAlignZoneBuilder to build appropriate
font-align zones.

What's this interesting FlashFontAlignZoneBuilder? Where do I find it?

However, in the resulting swfs, the glyphs are tiny. I
believe this is because of the resolution change. SWF-Spec says that all
outline-coordinates are * 20 in DefineFont3. However, if I multiply all
coordinates in all shaperecords by 20, the flashplayer crashes immediately
when loading the swf.

That might have different reasons. I found that the presence of align zones make
the flashplayer more unstable. Or maybe the larger coordinates caused a bit overflow
in the shapes.

Another question is: I have one windows machine, one linux x86 und one linux
x64. All run swftools 0.9.0. If I process a certain pdf, the first two
machines accept it and produce a nice swf. The 3rd machine (linux x64 and
unfortunately the production server) complains about invalid advance values
and heaps of other stuff and produces a swf without text :-(.

Might be a freetype problem. Did you perchance try the git version of swftools?