[Swftools-common] Transparent background

From: Joeri Paeleman
Subject: [Swftools-common] Transparent background
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 14:43:57 +0200

Hi,

Is there any way to set a transparent background for the generated swf file?

I would like to include the generated movies on top of other content, but preserve the transparency of the PDF file (eg behind texts).

I’ve tried manipulating the generated shapes and am getting some results, but not quite enough. Navigating through the shapes and setting the opaqueBackground property to 0XFFFFFF works in some cases, but isn’t reliable enough for what I’m after.

I guess internally pdf2swf generates actionscript code to render all of the objects from the PDF in the swf using the Graphics object? If that’s so, is there an option somewhere to set the fill of all objects to transparent rather than white?

Kind Regards,

Joeri Paeleman